Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Day of Reckoning

The day has arrived. After an extended Christmas vacation (Thanks to a couple of timely snow days), tomorrow we go back to school and assorted activities. Sigh. I've come to love the unstructured life, especially since Don gets to be home, too. Perk of having a teacher-husband, though I'm not sure it outweighs the pay. Christmas was wonderful, but, alas, back we go.

Actually, after two and a half weeks of being couped up inside with 5 kids, snowplay notwithstanding, maybe it will be a good thing to send 4 of them (plus Don) out the door tomorrow. It will be so quiet when Collin is taking his nap...maybe I'll reclaim that closet...or scrub the bathtubs...or maybe I'll curl up on the couch with a good book and enjoy the peace! That is, until 3:30 rolls around and the girls and I head off to performing troupe. Basketball practice for Ryan Tuesday, Stake meetings for Don that night; Cub Scouts for me and Nathan, Scouts for Ryan, and Activity Day for Katie on Wednesday; early morning piano lessons for all, Chess Club for Nate, Dance for Sarah and Bball for Ryan on Thursday...

Maybe I'll just take a nap tomorrow...

No comments: