Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas!

We hope you are all well this holiday season.  We thought it would be fun to post the kids' thoughts from our Christmas letter this year.  Enjoy and stay in touch!

Love,
The Pringle




We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
2012 has been a wonderful year for the Pringle family.  We have enjoyed watching the kids grow.  For a change this year, we asked the kids to write about their own highlights for the year.  Here is what they have to say:



Sarah, 10:  I am in 5th grade . I love to read and dance.  I am in full-time Aiming High and I do not like math.  I danced in Coppelia and the Nutcracker with Northwest Ballet this year.  Later in 2013 I will be dancing in Cinderella (I hope).  I have been playing the violin for two years now, and recently began playing with my elementary school orchestra.

Ryan, 16:  Sophomore.  Went to Districts for track, and placed 5th at Sub districts in the 100M dash and 3rd in the 200M.  He plans to go to State this year and started training in September.  He continues to pursue his true love: Theatre, and recently finished performances of "A Christmas Carol".  He was also cast as the male lead (Link Larkin) in Ferndale High School's production of "Hairspray", as well as the shepherd Amon in "The Savior of the World" production.  He has been taking voice lessons for 3/4 of a year, and is in FHS concert choir and the Talons (a guys-only singing group).  He plays the drums, as well as the Ukulele.  He also discovered that he has a talent for art (why are all of his skills not useful?!) and did a painting of Mt. Baker.  Ryan began his third year of skiing, and enjoys skiing switch to skiing while facing the right way.  (In regards to any of you skiers from Utah, Mt. Baker has the most snow... IN THE WORLD!!!  Take that).  Ryan's favorite TV show is Top Gear (UK), because he wishes he was British.  He likes drinking milk.

Nathan, 12: I am in seventh grade.  I like to play the piano and to read books. I was recently playing soccer, and want to play wrestle for Vista Middle School. I have bought Minecraft and enjoy playing whenever possible.  I like to draw Jedi and Darth Maul. I also like to watch the TV show "The Clone Wars".  I am the boy Ezra in "The Savior of the World" production. I enjoy Christmas.



Katie, 14: This year I am a freshman at Ferndale High School and I love it (sort ofish)! It has been fantabulous to go to school with my friends who went to the other middle school in lil ol Ferndale, as well as Rihan. This year, my life has consisted of four things: Church, music, theatre, and food.  As always, I have been busy with Church activities, as well as our stake's production of "The Savior of the World" (a portrayal of the events surrounding the life and death of Christ). It will be an absolutely beautiful show when we perform. I am also on my third year of voice lessons, and my ninth year of piano. Both take a lot of practice and commitment, but I love it anyway. I have been able to learn so much from my teachers just in this last year. Theatre. What can I say. This year has been a whirlwind of shows: The Music Man (I played Marian :) ), High School Musical, and a Christmas Carol.  I have just started Hairspray at FHS, and in the spring I am hoping to do Peter Pan at Northwest Theatre Group. This summer I also hope to scurry down to Utah and participate in BYU's Theatre camp. And finally, food. What is there to say, other than I have found my soul mate in the kitchen? (just kidding :0). Have a Merry Christmas and a great 2013!

Collin,4 (almost 5!):  (OK.  I am going to write for Collin.)  Collin is the cutest tornado on the planet.  He is in preschool and is VERY excited about Kindergarten next year.  Collin loves everything that his older brothers love.  He especially loves spending time with his friends and sitting on daddy's head during family scripture study.

Rachel and Don:  We are doing the best we can to keep up with the kids.  It is scary to think that we will have three teenagers in the house next year.  Rachel has had some amazing opportunities to use her talents in choreographing, costuming, and assistant-directing a number of productions this year.  Don, for his part, is learning to be supportive of her and the kids while balancing work and Church responsibilities. 



We are so grateful for our good friends and family and feel bad that we do not connect with you often enough.  Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.  We wish you a very Merry Christmas.  May the Lord bless you in 2013.

2 comments:

Ben and Sara said...

Wow it's hard to believe the cute little family I remember is full a teenagers now and not Christmas...guess I must be getting old too! Your kids sound like they are doing amazing and are very talented. It's good to hear my favorite Pringle family is doing so well. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Ben and Sara said...

Sorry...that was suppose to say "toddlers" not Christmas. You'd think I'd be good at typing on my phone by now but I'm not. :)